× Members

HELP! PIP FACE TO FACE DIDN'T HAPPEN ASSESSOR LEFT

More
6 years 3 months ago #205267 by nikkicbc
So I am freaking out, today I was meant to have my face to face at home assessment. I told Capita that I was going to record the assessment and when the assessor got here she looked at the mic I had set up and she called her boss and was told that it was suitable to use as I couldn't record two CDs at the same time. I could have easily provided another copy but that wasn't good enough. my real issue is she said did I want to do the assessment on another day, I told her that I have already changed my first date and that I am only aloud one date change to which she said that she would put in a sub note to say that it was OK and I was to call the appointment line to make another appointment, I do have her on audio asking if I wanted to change the date. so I called as soon as she left but to my shock I was told on the phone that she should not have said it was OK and i will now have to wait to see if the "team" decide if I can have another date or will they class this as me refusing the face to face assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205287 by Gordon
N

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your post implies that you could only make one recording to a CD, if this is the case then the assessor was correct to terminate the assessment if you insisted on having it recorded.

If you were able to make two recordings simultaneously then they were in error, providing they had been notified by the Assessment Provider of your intention to record the interview and they had no problems with you doing this.

Problems with recordings should not be held against the claimant proper notification and agreement has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nikkicbc

More
6 years 3 months ago #205290 by nikkicbc
Thank you very much Gordon for your reply, I am sorry I didn't make my post as clear as it should have been I have MS and the stress of this has caused me to have a big flare up so I'm not on the ball today, I was only able to make a single recording, I could have made a second CD copy but I now know that is not acceptable. my main concern is that because I changed the initial date of my F2F and today was my second appointment date, will this be viewed by PIP as me failing to take the medical?

kind regards
Nikki

More
6 years 3 months ago #205299 by Gordon
nikkic

It should be OK but you will have to wait and see, I would contact Capita next week (if the assessment was in the last couple of days), for an update, by then they will have made a decision whether to return your file to the DWP or book an appointment. If was at the beginning of the week give them a call this afternoon.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205310 by nikkicbc
Once again Gordon thank you so much for all your help, I very much appreciate it. I do have one other question if you don't mind, if the file is sent back to the DWP what would that mean for my case? will any payments I get from the DLA/ ESA stop?

More
6 years 3 months ago #205318 by Gordon
Mikki

If your file is returned to the DWP then they will write to you asking why you did not attend to failed to participate, from your answer they will make a Decision on whether to continue with the process or close your claim, if the latter then you have a right of appeal, or you can make a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting time.

Closing your PIP claim means your DLA claim will also close and you would lose any Premiums that are enable by your DLA award from your ESA.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.