× Members

Lost written MR request letter

More
6 years 4 months ago #205279 by SuziQ
Lost written MR request letter was created by SuziQ
I had my MR request handed into my local JobCentre ( as per advice from the DWP call centre - as they suggested this was the quickest means for it to reach them ) for which I received a compliment slip dated & with the receipeints name, my name & NI No.
This was on the 11/1/18
I chased a response on the phone on the 17th, to be told I would hear back one way or the other by the 26th, today. I have phoned today as I have not received anything to now be told DWP do not have my letter on file.

I have since had a call from another dept in DWP again stating they have nothing but asking what my letter said in order for them to make a decision. This person was quite rude ( thankfully I have recorded the whole conversation ) & was goading me. I have said they should base the MR on my written request not snippets of information he was typing during our conversation.

I am submitting a duplicate copy of my MR request on Monday to my JobCentre Again.

I am wondering if it is worth involving my MP ( if he is able to do anything ) since I have been so misinformed by various call centre DWP staff. I ve been addressed frequently by the wrong title & Christian name, they contact me via the wrong phone number although I always update any changes & the general rudeness & distain with the manner in which I was spoken to today.

Can an MP help? Letter of support etc. Does their support carry any weight with appeals etc that you’ve heard of previously.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #205295 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lost written MR request letter
Suzi

Your MP should definitely be able to help however it may be too early to involve them. Even though taking your letter to your local JC+ office should ensure its arrival at the correct office it is still possible that it has been lost and if this is the case then there is little that your MP can do until the DWP have another copy of your request.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuziQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.