× Members

pip tribunal

More
6 years 4 months ago #205325 by neesie
pip tribunal was created by neesie
hi I was on indefinite dla middle care low mobility got asked to claim pip dec 2016 anyway to cut a long story short atos refused a home visit and I can't leave my house haven't done for over 2 yrs so I didn't get pip I appealed to tribunal and my support worker and social worker attended on my behalf with all up to date medical info and psychiatrist report as when I made my claim I wasn't with them as they had signed me off cause I was managing and don't like help unless I'm really struggling but all this has made my illness worse so crisis team got involved and have my social and support worker back and the pschiatrist did home visit so the tribunal were discusted as how I've been treated and they say if they need to do a face assessment it will have to be in my home although hopefully I won't need one as I have paranoid schizophrenia severe social anxiety agoraphobia autism with pda profile osteoarthritis and mortons nuroma in foot am confused though as I thought the tribunal was to sort it out but they say the decision was wrong as I should of been allowed home visit but now I have more evidence it's up to dwp because they refused my claim because I never attended assessment so I'm hoping this is a positive outcome as I can't take much more now what do you think

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #205366 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip tribunal
neesie

The Tribunal do not have the power to order a home assessment or a Paper Based Review, but they have overturned the DWP's Decision that your failing to attend was not due to Good Cause, in effect they are saying that it was perfectly reasonable that you could not leave your house to attend an interview at the Assessment Provider's offices.

I would expect the DWP to pay attention to the Decision and require the AP to now either do home assessment or a PBR if they have sufficient information to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: neesie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.