× Members

What can I claim whilst waiting for PIP?

More
6 years 4 months ago #205327 by ckkta
I am just beginning the process of applying for PIP, is there anything else I am entitled to in the meantime, I am unable to work and have just had to leave my part time university course due to my health (hence starting this whole process)

My GP would be happy to write me a sick note, but can I apply for ESA whilst waiting? I know in my area the time to get assessed is close to 9 months on it so I might end up on base pay but better than nothing - however PIP is for the long term, I won't be getting better, and the last thing I want to do is harm my chances.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #205367 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What can I claim whilst waiting for PIP?
ckkta

PIP and ESA are different benefits, PIP is awarded to help the long term sick an disabled with the extra costs resulting from their conditions, ESA is awarded to those who's illness or disability prevents them from working.

It is perfectly possible for claimants to receive both benefits, see our PIP

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

and ESA

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Claim guides.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.