× Members

Face to face interview pip

More
6 years 3 months ago #205593 by Bobbi
Face to face interview pip was created by Bobbi
Hi

I suppose I’m looking for a bit of support mainly. My husband who has various physical issues including a progressive neuropathy and has now been diagnosed with prostate cancer has been asked to a face to face interview next week. He had his ESA review go through with no interview and has his support group continued however we got a PIP review form through early January and I completed it as he can no longer hold his pen properly. I explained fully how his illnesses have progressed but I can’t get letters from my GP as the practice policy, in fact, the health board policy is not to issue these letters unless DWP request them.

His previous award was enhanced care and standard mobility and as his medical condition has definitely worsened I’m surprised that he’s been told to come to a face to face interview next week. I genuinly thought I’d provided enough detailed info including his depression. He’s in bits about it as he really doesn’t deal with things like that.

Am I right to be panicking as I’m terrified to loose his PIP as I’ve come to depend on it especially as he feels freezing if the heating isn’t on at lower than 23 def about 16 hrs a day.

Any advice welcome as I’ll be in with him as he’s unable to manage zips or fastenings on jackets now and can’t take off his wrist splints alone.

Thanks

Ari xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205614 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face interview pip
Ariadne

I'm afraid you are in a Catch-22 from your post. :(

If an assessment has been ordered then you are not going to overturn the decision without a letter from his GP detailing the risk to his health if required to attend.

At this stage of the process the Assessment Provider is not going to contact the GP themselves.

Despite what you have been told I would still contact his GP and ask for a suitable letter, you have nothing to lose by doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobbi

More
6 years 3 months ago #205704 by Bobbi
Replied by Bobbi on topic Face to face interview pip
Hi Gordon

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. All I can do is to take previous letters. I’d contacted the surgery today to see if there was any chance of a supporting letter, handwritten is fine but was told that it can’t be done as the decision was made because doctors were being inundated with letter requests. I do understand this.

What’s quite strange is that when he got his letter through for his face to face for his ESA we got a letter an hour before we were due to leave for the medical telling us we no longer needed to attend.

I suppose I’m not that bothered with the fact that he has to go for a medical as if I’ve perhaps not given enough information about his deterioration as maybe I should despite using all the form plus another 2 A4 sheets. Fingers crossed that at least we come out with the same award as we had. He’s starting to panic that he will burst into tears again the way he did at previous medicals.

The other thing is, he has been diagnosed at having prostate cancer in the last few weeks and in fact sees the surgeon on Monday to find the e tent. Can we raise this at the medical?

Thanks again

More
6 years 3 months ago #205729 by Gordon

Ariadne wrote: The other thing is, he has been diagnosed at having prostate cancer in the last few weeks and in fact sees the surgeon on Monday to find the e tent. Can we raise this at the medical?

You certainly should but be aware any limitations that result from this new diagnosis must have existed for at least three months to be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #205730 by Gordon

Ariadne wrote: The other thing is, he has been diagnosed at having prostate cancer in the last few weeks and in fact sees the surgeon on Monday to find the e tent. Can we raise this at the medical?

You certainly should but be aware any limitations that result from this new diagnosis must have existed for at least three months to be considered.

Gordon

More
6 years 3 months ago #205738 by Bobbi
Replied by Bobbi on topic Face to face interview pip
Thanks again. I’ll update the thread next week and when we get the results.

Ari xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.