× Members

PIP form1043

More
6 years 3 months ago #205743 by Chrissiefeeny
PIP form1043 was created by Chrissiefeeny
Hi there.
I have to have this form back by 12/02/2018,so not much time left to get advice.
I recieved enhanced mobility for 20/50 metres walking (10 points) and Going out (4 points) due to panick attacks. in 2015.
Can you please tell me if those 4 points can now be taken away from me,under the new guidelines of 2017? even though I satisfied the descriptors in 2015?
I know the new law has not taken force yet,or I would not be worried about this. As I have little time left to cpmplete that part of the form,I would really appreciate it if I could get an answer ASAP, though I know you have many other queries. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205753 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form1043
KAty

The four point Descriptor

b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.

has not been effected by any of the changes over the last year.

If you are struggling to complete the form on time then you should be able to request a two week extension by phoning the number on the letter that accompanied the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissiefeeny

More
6 years 3 months ago #205769 by Chrissiefeeny
Replied by Chrissiefeeny on topic PIP form1043
Thanks Gordon.
Though I am still rather confused. The 2017 reversal of scoring points was, that anxiety,dementia, etc was not to be included. They stated that only "physical " problems would be taken into account with a view to points on Mobility.(going out etc) That is what they have now done an about turn on. Though as yet,,as I read in your briefing today, this has not been put back in place so far.? That is why I was wondering if they would take away the 4 points for "anxiety" even though it was included in my 2015 assessessment.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form1043
Katy

You have misunderstood the change that was made, only Descriptors (c), (d) and (f) were changed; (b) and (e) were not modified.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissiefeeny

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.