× Members

ESA wrong group

More
6 years 2 months ago #207120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA wrong group
M

The Contributions they are referring to can only be acquired through paid employment, you cannot purchase them separately.

I'm surprised that they have written to you, I would only expect this to happen if you had attempted to claim ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207129 by morna
Replied by morna on topic ESA wrong group
I am in the process of reapplying for ESA.. I am now eligible for it, because my savings have dropped below the relevant figure. I have lost over £14,000 in the last 3 years because of being placed in the work-related group. However, I did find someone today who said I could ask for my case to be looked at again, so that was encouraging. Who actually decides which group people are placed in, and how do they arrive at decisions?

Thanks, Gordon.

Morna

More
6 years 2 months ago #207137 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA wrong group

morna patterson wrote: Who actually decides which group people are placed in, and how do they arrive at decisions?

Thanks, Gordon.

Morna

Decisions are made by a DWP Decision Maker using your ESA50 claim form, any evidence you attached, an assessment report based on either your papers or a face to face assessment and information that was sourced by the assessor from your medical contacts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: morna

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.