× Members

PIP Tribunal

More
6 years 2 months ago #207089 by jorgehugo68
PIP Tribunal was created by jorgehugo68
Just attended my partners PIP Tribunal which has not been a good experience due to the fact that it has been adjourned so that they can request medical records from the GP for more information. They also advised at that point that we should seek to have representation at the next Tribunal. The problem I have is that he doesn't want to attend the next tribunal as he was a total wreck and didn't cope atall with it, but I think we should attend My question is : do we have to attend the next appointment or can they just decide with the additional infomation ? Who do we get to represent ?
Thanks in advance
Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207106 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal
Holly

At the risk of causing more concern, what exactly did the Judge say?

Was there any warning in regard to his existing award? If there was then they are saying that based on the evidence currently before them there is a significant risk that they might reduce or even remove the current award!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207153 by jorgehugo68
Replied by jorgehugo68 on topic PIP Tribunal
Hi Gordon,
He had his award taken from him last September and the re-consideration wasn't changed so we went to tribunal to appeal (had 11 points for daily living and 8 for mobilty from previous award) . When we got there my partner was so anxious and go confused when answering questions. For example they asked about his medication and he said that they had increased but I intervened and said that it had not( which it didn't). They asked us to leave the room (we were only in about 15 mins) and they decided that they would adjourn and send for his medical / GP notes. Advised that we would need to return and that we should seek representation - but partner is so anxious that he doesn't want to return .
Thanks for your assistance

More
6 years 2 months ago #207173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal
Holly

As long as you are happy that no warning was issued.

Although the Judge may have said about them attending another hearing, he does not have to, he can opt for a Paper hearing that will be carried out in his absence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.