× Members

MY HOME REASSESSMENT CANCELLED HALF AN HOUR BEFORE

More
6 years 2 months ago #207095 by Marty
I have been waiting for an Appeal date but because I complained to Atos about inaccuracies in my Assessment Report, they arranged for a reassessment at home for this morning and I got a call half an hour before the appointment to say the Assessor was sick so it was cancelled!

I feel this is very bad to cancel it at such short notice? I am really feeling the stress as I got myself all worked up for the appointment (almost like before having a hospital operation).

I still don't know what is happening re my appeal about the first assessment.

Is there anything I can do as I feel this is just not acceptable? I am now having to wait until the 2nd March for the reassessment......

Thanks.
Marty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207113 by Gordon
Marty

You can make a complaint.

ATOS (IAS) complaints
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/#unha...ment-experience-1552

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207124 by Marty
Thanks Gordon.

Do I need to tell the DWP though?

Thanks.
Marty.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207131 by Gordon
Marty

I'm afraid the DWP will have no interest in the cancelled assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207135 by Marty
Oh. OK. It’s just that I saw a locked heading in the forum regarding cancelled assessments which said :-

“To all members :

We are now advising all members who have an assessment cancelled to write to the DWP with details of the cancellation. “

Etc. Etc. Etc.

This is obviously not the case now then.

Thanks.
Angela.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207140 by Gordon
Marty

I'm sorry you are right, I was taking your post literally.

We have had members report that the Assessment Providers have been logging cancelled appointments as being the fault of the claimant and not themselves.

So yes, consider contacting the DWP.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.