× Members

Pip awarded for 3 years

More
6 years 3 months ago #207165 by dolphin10
Pip awarded for 3 years was created by dolphin10
I am pleased to say that I have been awarded Standard rate scoring 11 points with daily living needs but disappointed that nothing has been given for mobility component.
With DLA I was in receipt of daily and living components at a lower rate. In monetary terms I will still be better off.
In their decision I have been quoted as saying I go out 4 days a week, which is incorrect. They also refused to accept I have balance issues which are brought about by Meniere's disease. They also say I was seen bending several times to lift my carrier bag from the floor.
The carrier bag remained on the table throughout the assessment.
Is it worth asking for reconsideration? I get very stressed at filling forms and having to cope with uncertainty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #207185 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip awarded for 3 years
KAA

Only you can decide whether to ask for an MR or not.

Although you mention your balance problems you do not detail how they effect your ability to Go Out or to Move Around.

In particular for the Going Out activity, make sure you understand the criteria, the last couple of weeks have shown that most members do not!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolphin10

More
6 years 3 months ago #207233 by dolphin10
Replied by dolphin10 on topic Pip awarded for 3 years
I suffer from Meniere's Disease and Tinnitus which causes dizziness, disorientation, balance problems. I haven't been awarded any points for this. Maybe I need to revisit this health issue and prepare my Mandatory reconsideration. I am bit alarmed that the assessor incorrectly added few things.
I have heard members complaining about some inaccuracies in assessment interviews. My own assessment confirms this.
We already have a lot to cope with.

Gordon wrote: KAA

Only you can decide whether to ask for an MR or not.

Although you mention your balance problems you do not detail how they effect your ability to Go Out or to Move Around.

In particular for the Going Out activity, make sure you understand the criteria, the last couple of weeks have shown that most members do not!

Gordon

More
6 years 3 months ago #207248 by Gordon
KAA

If your mobility problems are physical then you may struggle to show that you meet any of the Descriptors for the Going Out activity, as the DWP see this as being related to cognitive, sensory or mental health issues, you may be able to argue that your symptoms are akin to the sensory issues, but you will need to get past the DWP's reluctance to allow physical problems for this activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 3 months ago #207270 by dolphin10
Replied by dolphin10 on topic Pip awarded for 3 years
Could you please state whether there is a risk that my award can be down graded by the person considering Mandatory Reconsideration. Is it possible for you to provide a link for further information on MR. please.
Gordon you are doing a wonderful job. The guides were invaluable when I was completing the form which in itself causes so much stress and anxiety.

Gordon wrote: KAA

If your mobility problems are physical then you may struggle to show that you meet any of the Descriptors for the Going Out activity, as the DWP see this as being related to cognitive, sensory or mental health issues, you may be able to argue that your symptoms are akin to the sensory issues, but you will need to get past the DWP's reluctance to allow physical problems for this activity.

Gordon

More
6 years 3 months ago #207279 by Gordon
KAA

An MR re-makes the Decision and so can reduce the or remove an award, we do not see this happen very often but it does happen.

Have you looked at our PIP MR & Appeal guide?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.