× Members

ESA reassessment deferred?

More
6 years 2 months ago #207166 by LilacGem
ESA reassessment deferred? was created by LilacGem
Hi has a trend for deferrals been noticed? Just wondering if they've started deferring again with them having to trawl through all those PIP claims again to check after the court ruling.

I'm in SG have had a reassessment like clockwork every 2yrs for the last 6, & was due again in March. When i rang in Dec to confirm they said March 2018.
Historically I've received the ESA50 4wks before the reassessment date so have been expecting it, so my carer rang them today just to check that the form hadnt been sent out yet as we'd not received it, & they told her nothing had been sent out & that i was not due for a reassessment until 2020. That my Personal Capability Assessment had a prognosis on it for 15th March 2020.

I never trust what they say on the phone so was wondering if anyone had any extra info, whether this was happening to lots of people or???

I darent feel relief in case the guy was wrong! I think i will ring again nxt wk & see if another operative tells me the same thing before i get excited. But i dont really understand how this can have happened or why it doesnt make any sense to me.

Any comment/info appreciated.

ps i did see another similar thread but didnt like to post on it for fear of hijacking someone elses thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment deferred?
Camly

At this point we see no trend, some members have reported having their reassessments deferred but we are also seeing a steady stream of members receiving ESA50s.

If you have been told 2020 then I would assume this is correct.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207195 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic ESA reassessment deferred?

Gordon wrote: Camly

At this point we see no trend, some members have reported having their reassessments deferred but we are also seeing a steady stream of members receiving ESA50s.

If you have been told 2020 then I would assume this is correct.

thanks Gordon, it just feels too good to be true!

Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #207201 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA reassessment deferred?
You could always write and ask for the prognosis to be sent to you, at least then you have a copy in writing and the understanding on how and what gave you that prognosis to assist for the next one.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207228 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic ESA reassessment deferred?

pusscatsmum wrote: You could always write and ask for the prognosis to be sent to you, at least then you have a copy in writing and the understanding on how and what gave you that prognosis to assist for the next one.

thats a good idea thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.