× Members

Just completed form

More
6 years 3 months ago #207340 by John
Just completed form was created by John
Just completed PIP booklet for my wife. This seems to me to be an exercise in demoralization, the government has no doubt spent millions on these assessment companies, no doubt in the hope of saving millions and this money will have to come from the disabled which will cause untold misery. We all want to get rid of those people who are milking the system but there must be an easy way than this, there must be any number of people, often unable or unwell who are just not up to the challenge of trying to see this process through and if they have no immediate family have to go cap in hand to a comparative stranger and get them to complete a complex, very personal and detailed booklet and to hand write it!
Here are my comments below which I know will not endure me to the assessors, I did print pages and stable them to the booklet, no doubt they will be returned with an order to complete with quill and ink pot!

I note that there is not a section devoted to sleeping arrangements which I find surprising as this forms an important part of a disabled persons life more especially that you hear of such horror stories of people having to sleep in their wheelchairs at night because of lack of care.
My Wife does not sleep well and as a consequence will often cat nap throughout the day, she is unable to sleep lying flat so an electric adjustable bed was purchased in 2008 which allows her greater comfort. Though we sleep in the same room, as I am unhappy to leave her alone in case of emergency, we have a double bed which is in effect two separate beds side by side.
I also note that there is not an option to complete this form on-line. Though I understand that a lot of disabled people will not have access to the internet many will. If my Wife was able to to complete this form you would not be able to read her writing and this must happen in many cases. Perhaps consideration will be given to this in future for the benefit of all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #207351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just completed form
John

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Problems with sleeping is not something that PIP looks at directly, you may be able to show that it effects your wife's ability to complete the activities that PIP does consider, but you will need to show that the effects are relevant to when you the activities might reasonably be carried out.

See our PIP Claim guide for more details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.