× Members

DLA to PIP

More
6 years 1 month ago #207850 by Marie
DLA to PIP was created by Marie
I have a f2f this week for my DLA to PIP. I have a letter from my doctor stating I am not up to this. Had to cancel my first appointment through my welfare officer. Who filled in my forms. Hence the new date they have said that they will pay for a taxi to the centre and back home again. I live very far away and this will cost at least £100. I just want it over and done with. I have COPD, Depression, Diabetis type 2 and u under active thyroid. I am still feeling unwell but I will go and get it over with. Can anyone give me some help as to what to expect. Mary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #207894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Marie

If you have already moved the appointment once then you must attend this second appointment or you risk you claim being closed and consequently your DLA as well.

The PIP Claim guide has a section on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #208012 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic DLA to PIP
Thank you Gordon.

Well I attended my f2f and had my diary of how my illnesses affect me. I gave this to the person at the F2f and she photocopied all my documents from doctors and consultant. She asked me to do a few excercised for her but not to stand doing them as she could see I was struggling. The whole f2f took 45 minutes and was not too bad but I felt I’ll afterward and will probably suffer for a few days she said I should hear within 4 weeks but to phone if I forgot anything as my memory is poor. She seemed really nice and told me to take my time walking. I am a bit worried now I case I have not gave enough information. What do you think Gordon.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208022 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Marie

I would avoid trying to second guess yourself about what you have included or your will spend the next few weeks worrying about it, I'm sure you have done the best job that you could.

You can request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with you claim.

Decisions are usually 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #208116 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic DLA to PIP
Thanks for your reply Gordon I will keep you updated.

Marie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.