× Members

PIP low rate stopped/Mandatory recon/now to appeal

More
6 years 1 month ago #208126 by angie2
Gordon

PIP - And so it continues. Sent in evidence, chose not to go through Med profs report bit by bit, but did clearly state in each section, how my disabilities impact upon ADL and Mobility, and provided qualification evidence. ( I was awarded nil points for every single aspect) and my PIP ceased completely 15 Dec 2017.

I sent a lot of medical evidence, but not all for MR, arrived on time it was recorded tracked delivery, 15 Feb 2018. Then received a letter dated same date 15/2 saying a) I was late (I wasnt) and b) I didn't provide additional evidence. (I did)
I phoned/was distressed, was reassured (a) was told. I can see evidence arrived on 15th Feb, assured it would be looked at and considered.

5 days later received a further letter stating a) evidence had been looked at (it couldn't possibly have) b) HP had provided supplementary report, c) MR decision remains as assessment NIL Points in all areas. (Eg: it couldn't have, because just Mental health alone, MP stated I was not receiving treatment, not involved with professionals in MH. I sent info on my anti dep meds and anxiety meds, CPN report, Psychiatrist, Gp's referral info, and a list of help being provided and by whom. (Ignored) That's just one example, many others in relation physical health.

So now I have to Appeal! (I am already really low, but I must continue to pursue, what I know I qualify for and I am entitled to. (My problem is until 3 years ago, I worked all my life and have educational/occupational qualifications. It seems DWP, do not understand that disability is no respecter of class, colour, creed, religion etc...........

Help! I feel, already, like I am going crazy, seriously depressed, and early in recovery. And fearing relapse, all because when in need, the system, is failing me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208144 by Gordon
Angela

First have a read of the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3688-most...enior-tribunal-judge

Take some heart, whilst the revision rate at MR is very low, the rate at appeal is very high, more than 60%.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.