× Members

can pip use info from previous claim?

More
6 years 1 month ago #208193 by LaurenB
can pip use info from previous claim? was created by LaurenB
Having a trying time with pip claim!
I got my original pip award at tribunal last year but this time was told to make a new claim not a renewal.
I see in the assessors report that pip have used 2 pieces of information from my first claim, one of the reports is 3 years old and contradicts a newer report. They appear to have used the old information as evidence, not the more up to date info.
As this is a NEW claim and I only gave permission for PIP to contact my current health practitioners, is their using old information from my previous claim acceptable?
Why are they telling me to make a new claim but using old information? Can they do that? Isn't that treating it as a renewal?
I'm confused :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic can pip use info from previous claim?
Lauren

If your current award is still in payment then whatever the DWP decide to call it, it's a renewal.

I'm afraid they are free to use the evidence that they feel is reasonable, but I would certainly be asking why they think that a report from three years ago is still relevant when they usually don't accept claimant evidence that is more than two years old. Also, as you say why have they favoured older evidence over a newer report.

However. the bottom line is that you need to go back to your PIP2 and the guide and make sure that you have explained your limitations to show that you meet the criteria for an award as the failure also suggests that your arguments on the form were weak.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LaurenB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.