× Members

Strange ESA payment in account

More
6 years 2 months ago #208268 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Strange ESA payment in account

ka wrote: No it was more than £25 it is definitely support group component backdated, DWP have confirmed that over the phone.

Congratulations ka, really pleased you've got it and confirmed what it's for! When I first posted, and mentioned the cold weather payment, I must have somehow missed your subsequent post saying that you had phoned DWP to confirm what is was for! I think you'll probably also get a letter from them confirming all the details as it's not unusual for DWP payments to show up in someone's bank account before the paperwork relating to it arrives in the post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #208275 by annmthomas
Replied by annmthomas on topic Strange ESA payment in account
Congratulations on getting your result!
We recently had a similar experience with PIP. Had completed their review form in Jan and were awaiting the decision letter, still anxious in case they asked for Face2face which would be completely impossible given mental health issues. Then a strange amount arrived in the bank account. For two days we were on tenterhooks, worrying about what it might mean. Then the letter arrived with enhanced award. The money was a backdating amount.
Massive relief...but why do they schedule it like this? Surely it wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to get the letters out first and the money a day or two later? You had to ring...waste of their time and yours. We had to worry because we can’t ring. As I said in my own post, even when they get it right, they somehow still get it wrong.

More
6 years 2 months ago #208318 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Strange ESA payment in account
AMT

Unfortunately it takes 10 days or even longer for a DWP letter to be sent and received whereas a money transfer will usually be done that day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #208371 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Strange ESA payment in account
Surely it wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to get the letters out first and the money a day or two later?

AMT

I was sorry to hear of your anxieties regarding this and am glad that they have now been allayed. Regarding your comment which I've quoted above though it seems to me that this would have the effect of delaying payment still further to which a claimant was entitled! Post of course can be delayed and postage times differ anyway, additionally of course the claimant may not actually be at home when the letter arrives eg they may be on holiday! Speaking purely personally, though I suspect many others may feel the same, if I'm due money from the DWP, or any other source, then I'd actually prefer to have it in my bank account asap and not subject to a further delay to allow for the vagaries of the post! I have some mental health problems too, and also some physical health problems, but it simply isn't possible for the world and its wife as it were to cater for every conceivable 'sensitivity' that we may have, In my case at least, but again I also think many others too, it is not money flowing INTO my account that causes anxiety but money flowing OUT - I for one would always prefer the money first - letters can wait! Sadly we can't always have everything exactly to our liking!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.