× Members

ESA reassessment

More
6 years 2 months ago #208551 by Anita2k
ESA reassessment was created by Anita2k
Hi, I have progressive MS and am in the ESA support group. I've been sent a reassessment form but I thought the government stated that this is one of the conditions that isn't being reassessed!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #208554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment

Anita2k wrote: Hi, I have progressive MS and am in the ESA support group. I've been sent a reassessment form but I thought the government stated that this is one of the conditions that isn't being reassessed!

I'm afraid you have misunderstood :(

MS is one of the conditions that could result in no further reassessments being required and the decision about this can only be made following at least one further assessment so you need to complete this new form in detail.

Be aware there have been changes to the DWP guidance over the last year or so you need use the latest ESA Claim guides to help you complete the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #208556 by Anita2k
Replied by Anita2k on topic ESA reassessment
Thanks for your reply. Filled it in. I had pip last year and an assessment so have given a copy of the report as they seem very similar.

More
6 years 2 months ago #208577 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment

Anita2k wrote: Thanks for your reply. Filled it in. I had pip last year and an assessment so have given a copy of the report as they seem very similar.

Although there are some areas of crossover between PIP and ESA, even where there are the criteria is different so you really need to explain the relevance of the PIP report on your ESA50 as those assessing you are unlikely to make the connection.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.