× Members

PIP - Received Home Assessment Appointment Quickly

More
6 years 2 months ago #208641 by LucyPosy68
Hello,

I just wanted to post about my current claim for PIP.
I received a letter yesterday from Independent Assessment Services (ATOS), giving me a Home Assessment for next Thursday.
My form was sent back on 5th March (filled in with the help of the benefits and work guides), so this really surprised me - how quickly this happened.

I had been anticipating a fight, to get a home assessment, but no. Im assuming the evidence I sent with my form confirmed that I needed one (severe agoraphobia etc, over many years)
I did not have a current doctor's letter to send, but attached an older doctor's letter, which referred to an esa claim, but was still relevant to my problems.

My evidence sent, showed that all appointments I have ever received from mental health teams, etc, were all home based appointments.

So, am just posting this to show that a Home Assessment can be achieved, without additional stress (which I was dreading), if good evidence shows why you need one. Though, I do realise, there will be many cases where people have included lots of evidence, but still struggle to get a Home Assessment.

I'm now stressing about my assessment next week :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.