× Members

Very worried about honest mistake

More
6 years 2 months ago #208727 by 767676
Very worried about honest mistake was created by 767676
Hello

I am recieving PIP due to severe mental health issues. I moved house at the end of February temporarily to be with family (although my contract didn't end unitl the 16th March) and sent the DWP a letter, however I have not heard they have recieved it. I meant to ring them to follow up but due to the stress and anxiety of finding a permanent place to live and a dip in my mental health didn't manage to. I now have a permanent address which I move into next Thursday, I have sent them another letter and will ring them on Monday, however I am worried about getting in trouble for not ringing them to mention the change of address at the end of Feb (even though I send them a letter, i am not sure if they got it) and am worried about being punished. I did redirect my post and it is only a change of address but looking online you need to ring them.

In February I just googled dwp address and sent it to the wolverhampton one where I have sent my follow up. I know now I should have rung them but was so stressed an anxious at the time. I have spent the past couple of days worrying about getting in trouble. I don't see how I could have been overpaid as my circumstances havent changed, just where I am living, but am still very worried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208773 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Very worried about honest mistake

You are not going to be punished for not contacting them but you do need to get the matter sorted so phone the DWP now and confirm your current address.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.