× Members

UPDATING THE ESA50 PRIOR TO A MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

More
6 years 2 months ago #209340 by Toyota
Hello. I would be grateful for some advice. I put in a claim for ESA about last May last year. I have yet to have a medical assessment, I had an appointment booked but cancelled it due to the fact that having read through my ESA50 form, it didn't reflect my condition accurately enough and I didn't think it would hold up my case well should I need to go to appeal. The form was filled in by a CAB advisor whom I have later come to doubt. Having discussed this with another advisor they suggested that I complete a new ESA50, call the DWP to end the current claim and start a new one on the basis that my health condition has worsened (I have a long term chronic illness) and submit this new ESA50 to them.

So having completed the ESA50 (which took me over a month) apart from gathering medical evidence I am about to give them a call. Meanwhile a new appointment has come through for a medical assessment.

Any advice or guidance welcomed please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209361 by Gordon
Toyota

I'm not sure that I see a need to close your claim and make a new one, you can send the new ESA50 to Maximus and the DWP as a replacement for the one you filled in last year.

Do you think that you would qualify for the Support Group? If you do then starting a new claim would mean that you would lose out on any back payment from last year that would be due.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toyota

More
6 years 2 months ago #209394 by Toyota
Hello Gordon and thanks for your reply. Thats what I thought about back payments (if I qualify). Plus I'd rather get the medical assessment over with than wait another year to go through the system again! Would love to hear from anyone else who has had a similar experience.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.