× Members

New Pip claim does this involve esa as well?

More
5 years 11 months ago #212816 by Dawn
I have been on DLA for some years and suddenly got a notice to apply for pip in the last 2 days and I am wondering if this affects my ESA in any way? and/or my housing benefit? also because of going through PIP can I expect now to be reassessed for ESA shortly now too?

Also the 2 health professionals I used to have helping me with my conditions are no longer around because my old doctor stated that as I do not go outside because of one condition and the other was unlikely to help me with another one she used to give me letters stating I was not fit and if a medical visit was necessary it would have to be a home visit which so far in the support group I have never had to do. Do I need to get a letter like this from my new doctor doctor for PIP as well?

I am so worried because I am basically left to my own devices to cope with my conditions with the occasional contact with my new GP whenever necessary and I am scared this will not be enough.. despite being on a lot of medications for my conditions.

any advice from someone in a similar position I would be very grateful..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #212836 by Gordon
Dawn

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There will be no immediate effect to your ESA, if your PIP award is less than you currently receive under DLA then you may (may not), qualify for any Premiums you receive with your ESA.

We haven't seen a negative PIP Decision have a direct impact on an ESA award.

Yes you will need to get a new letter from your GP if you hope to have a home assessment, their letter must be unambiguous about your being unable to attend at the Assessment Providers offices.

It's not unusual for claimants to have been parked by the DWP, I would no worry overly about this, you can use old evidence providing you can show why it is still relevant to your conditions as they are now.

Please make use of our PIP Claim guide to help you through the process, it explains in detail the criteria you will need to meet and how to complete the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If yo have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #212848 by Dawn
Thank you Gordon much appreciated

I will come back if I have any further questions and just to let you know I also managed to get through to my new GP today and explained the situation and she is willing to provide me with a letter outlining my conditions and medications and state the reasons why only a home visit will do if they require one is that what you mean about the home visit or is there something else you can let me know that would be better for my GP to say about that?

My new Gp's attitude has calmed me down somewhat but that does not mean everything is going to be okay no matter how many times I try and tell myself it will..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.