× Members

Decision Overturned!

More
5 years 3 months ago #224743 by crow30
Replied by crow30 on topic DLA to end after PIP Assessment
Update: We've had a letter from the tribunal saying that they will hear the case and let us know - so it is in the system. How long have people had to wait for tribunals to be heard?
I'm expecting it to be months but hoping not too many.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224757 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to end after PIP Assessment

crow30 wrote: Update: We've had a letter from the tribunal saying that they will hear the case and let us know - so it is in the system. How long have people had to wait for tribunals to be heard?
I'm expecting it to be months but hoping not too many.

You need to be prepared for it to take the best part of a year, if you contact the Tribunal Service then they can tell you current wait times for your venue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229364 by crow30
Replied by crow30 on topic Decision Overturned!
So an update.
Son had his tribunal on the 10th - very quick.

They overturned the DWP decision - not only that but they decided to award him the higher rate for care (he doesn't claim the mobility part).
When i read their decision letter I was surprised to see they hadn't taken any of the extra evidence in to account, just the original form that I submitted.
When i did it - i just gave an example in each section of how he is affected and and one example of extra help he'd needed in the last 12 months.

Such a relief - he can now buy in some personal assistant type of help. Plus he is now on the waitlist for help with his anxiety, oh and the council also renewed his freedom pass - its all come at the same time which is great as i really just thought it would all be taken away now he is 25 - as some seem to think you can 'grow out' of autism.
anyway - thanks to mods for your help and replies.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229391 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Decision Overturned!
Crow

Really pleased for you both and that it was dealt with so quickly, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.