× Members

PIP and Fibromyalgia

More
5 years 8 months ago #216582 by Lesley Murphy
PIP and Fibromyalgia was created by Lesley Murphy
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I can't find anywhere to search for it.
Has anyone with fibromyalgia been awarded PIP ?
I'm currently trying to keep a diary of how my day has been plus fill in the forms and my head is mashed.
Also when I saw the rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibro 2 years ago ,she said she was going to refer me to the fibromyalgia programme with physiotherapist and occupational therapy. This never came about and ive only just seen this after digging out paper work for PIP claim. Is it worrh me chasing this up to help with my case.? Also I was discharged by the rheumatologist after my diagnosis so is it worth putting her down as one of my health professionals?
Thanks in advance xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216607 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and Fibromyalgia
L

We have lots of members who have received PIP with these conditions but it is important that you understand that it is not your conditions that will be assessed but the limitations that result from them.

See our PIP Claim guide for the criteria that you will need to meet

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I would chase the referral if nothing else it may help you with conditions.

I can't see any value in putting the Consultant down as a medical contact if they have not seen you for two years or more.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.