× Members

Sent another ESA50

More
5 years 9 months ago #216584 by stella
Sent another ESA50 was created by stella
I have been sent a ESA50 form to fill out, 4 weeks to the date of when I went for a face-to-face assessment; as usual the response was when asked why 'you have to fill it out and return it or else loose your benefit'. Very unhelpful.
Can anyone shed any light on why. I have had no decision letter from DWP just this form? Is there anything different I can do or say on the form (I filled the other online and saved it so from my point of view its just reprint and re-date).

Sceptically I can only think they expect a long term illness of 15years to have suddenly improved in the last 4 weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sent another ESA50
Stella

Are you saying that you have received a new ESA50 four weeks after you attended a WCA with Maximus?

Did you receive an ESA50 prior to the assessment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #216650 by stella
Replied by stella on topic Sent another ESA50
I completed one form at the end of April, followed by a request to attend an assessment. Two appointments were re-arranged after they failed to obtain the recording machine I asked for.

Now 4 weeks on, no letter has been received from the DWP on its decision following that assessment just another ESA50 form. No explanation given as to why.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216665 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Sent another ESA50
Stella

This will be slightly complicated, you need to contact the DWP about the second ESA50 as there is no reason why a second should have been issued when no Decision has been made in regard the first form.

You are looking for them to confirm that you do need to complete the form, you may need to escalate this issue to a manager if the call staff are reluctant to do this, this will require a callback.

The difficulty will be that ESA50s are actually sent the claimant by Maximus so the DWP may have no record of it but you do not want the systems to report you as failing to return the form as this could lead to your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: stella

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.