× Members

DLA to pip

More
5 years 9 months ago #216675 by lild
DLA to pip was created by lild
Hi hubby just had dla to pip decision, enhanced mobility same as DLA, standard daily living he had never put in for care part of DLA as we were too afraid in case he lost the mobility part so left it for yrs until the pip change.

My question is, filled pip form Feb, decision is August, there's no backdating of daily living, should there be? I understand if it was a new claim it would go from date of sending the claim form.

We are happy with the decision he just missed out on enhanced care by 1 point we're not going to rock boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216683 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to pip
lild

Congratulations on the award, I'm afraid there is no backdating of a PIP award where a DLA claim was in payment, the legislation controlling the transfer of claimants from DLA to PIP does not allow it.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #216690 by lild
Replied by lild on topic DLA to pip
Thank you Gordon for clarifying that, we wernt sure and the letter didn't say.
We followed the guides on here they're really helpful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.