× Members

Claiming help with travel costs

More
5 years 9 months ago #216738 by student2007
Claiming help with travel costs was created by student2007
Hello,

Can I get some advice about claiming a travel refund, please?

I am in receipt of income-related ESA and I’ve started a treatment where I would need to travel to the hospital most days of the week for the next couple months. Though I have a nerve issue which makes it difficult for me to walk, so I usually get around by taxis. However, this treatment is not available in my town, so I would have to travel to and from the nearest city, which means I wouldn’t be able to use taxis due to the cost. I did query the non-emergency ambulance service, but I wasn’t eligible, so the only other way for me to get there is using the voluntary car service. But I am still worried about how I am going to afford to pay for travel.

I know there is the option to claim a refund for travel costs. But when I looked into it, this particular hospital doesn’t have a cashier service. So then the other option is to use the form. The thing is, a few years ago I was having some investigations done, and I filled in the form, kept my receipts and took it down to my local job centre. At the time I didn’t think to make a copy, nor did I get the person’s name who I left the form with, which I know now was silly of me. So, in the end, I never received the refund.

Can you help me with the claiming process, please? Who should I send the form to, is there a particular department, for example? On the form, it says to send to the local job centre, but no other information. And do you have any general tips so that my claim this time around will be successful?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216746 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claiming help with travel costs
student2007

Have a look at the following

www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-healt...l-costs-scheme-htcs/

Scroll down to the bottom and it has links to the HC5(T) form that you need to complete, the form has the address that you need to send it to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #216812 by student2007
Replied by student2007 on topic Claiming help with travel costs

Gordon wrote: student2007

Have a look at the following

www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-healt...l-costs-scheme-htcs/

Scroll down to the bottom and it has links to the HC5(T) form that you need to complete, the form has the address that you need to send it to.

Gordon

Thank you for your reply. Sorry if I'm being stupid but I don't see the address on the form, it just says send to your local job centre plus. Is that right? Also, will I need a supporting letter from my GP about my mobility? And do you know if travel receipts are enough? Or should I ask the hospital for some proof as well?

Regards

More
5 years 9 months ago #216819 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Claiming help with travel costs
student2007

OK this is a working link to the form you need to complete.

www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/20.../HC5T_April_2016.pdf

scroll down to where it says STEP 3 for the address.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.