× Members

PIP Assessors report back

More
5 years 9 months ago #216747 by LadyLuna
PIP Assessors report back was created by LadyLuna
Where do I start with this one?

OK so he has awarded me 11 daily living and 12 mobility..........for 9 months because with my referral to Orthopedics and Endocrinologist "there is a possibility of a change in my restrictions with the new input, therefore a period of 9 months is justified".

That means the new award runs out 1 month after my current one.

Despite anything else I am 29 stones with virtually zero chance of weight loss due to virtually no metabolism. The Endo will do all they can as they have previously but it won't change much. So, bearing in mind that, I also have artheritis, a plantar spur and plantar fasciltis in a foot bearing that much weight.

He has contradicted himself over and over and also states the functional restriction will still be present at point of review.

I guess my question is this; do I have time to point out the glaring contradictions and the fact I don't have appointments until late September for the first foot appointment and the first Endo appointment is in October.

He didn't even know what Hashi's was and ask me if it had returned. I told him it was an autoimmune disease - its always present.

All help with this greatfully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216755 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessors report back
LL

You will need to act quickly, stick to issues of fact and ones that lead to points.

Unless you are able to score the extra point specifically then you will need to score two points for the Enhanced award this will mean your scoring higher for one of the activities that you have scored for or scoring for the first time in one of the activities that you did not score for, this may not be as easy as it seems.

Make sure that you fully understand the criteria you will need to meet for the extra points so that you can argue your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyLuna

More
5 years 9 months ago #216756 by LadyLuna
Replied by LadyLuna on topic PIP Assessors report back
Can I argue about the length of the award?

When are they likely to re-assess on such a short award of 9 months?

More
5 years 9 months ago #216758 by Gordon

LadyLuna wrote: Can I argue about the length of the award?

When are they likely to re-assess on such a short award of 9 months?

The award length is part of the Decision so you can argue for a longer award, the DM may decide to do this anyway but reinforcing the need to won't hurt.

Any award of less than two years won't be reassessed, instead, you will be asked to re-claim PIP 14 weeks before the awards ends

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #216759 by LadyLuna
Replied by LadyLuna on topic PIP Assessors report back
OK. Thank you.

Will my ESA SG CB since 2012 be of any swing to this at all?

What reasons would be good to use for arguing the length of the award, please?

More
5 years 9 months ago #216762 by Gordon
LL

Yes, you can include information from your ESA claim but you will need to explain the relevance of the award to your PIP Claim, even where the activities overlap, the criteria is still usually different.

The award length should reflect the likelihood of change in the client's conditions, this includes a deterioration in addition to the more obvious improvement so you need to provide information that shows that your conditions will not reasonably change within the nine months being recommended and give a better idea of when they might.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.