× Members

Delay between PIP form receipt ATOS assessment

More
5 years 8 months ago #216960 by hjgoldengal
Hi, I'm a member and have checked news and guides for answers to my issue. My form was received by the DWP on the 17th of July. I included an indexed set of key letters, reports and relevant medical records (around 200 pages of evidence.) This didn't include reports from my current GP and Psychiatrist who the DWP assured me on a phonecall were going to contact after I made it clear that it was necessary to do so to accurately assess me.

I have had no communication since. I rang on the 17th of August to ask if there was any update. The call handler gave me the usual spiel about how it can take time and after looking at my case file, told me 'something is being done on this file today'. I asked what the next step would be and she said that would probably be a F2F appointment. I am dreading it and due to my claim being on a mental health basis; I can't imagine I will get a decision without having to go to a F2F. If it is inevitable, then why the delay in scheduling? I know that I might not get in to see anyone for weeks.

I've still not heard anything about an appointment. It is really affecting my mental health to be waiting. Is there a timescale on when a F2F should be allocated? Can I contact Atos/Ias directly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216998 by Gordon

hjgoldengal wrote: I've still not heard anything about an appointment. It is really affecting my mental health to be waiting. Is there a timescale on when a F2F should be allocated? Can I contact Atos/Ias directly?

Yes, you can contact IAS directly but if you phone then be prepared to make an appointment as they will likely press you to do this, you do not have to accept an appointment that has less than seven days notice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.