× Members

Amount left to live on if forced to retire early

More
5 years 8 months ago #216965 by adrian67
Help,

I have worked all my life now and get high rate mobility lost care component when moving to pip but because I am working was not bothered about it as my wife cares for me. Now I face a predicament that I must lesson my hours or stop all together as I am now just shattered every day. Does any one know how much I could be left to live on if I come out of work as no web site helps me. My wife does not work she baby sits our granddaughter so my daughter can work I have been told to say she's my career as it will effect my benefits. I really am tiered now and just need to know what u get to live on after rent poll tax and rates are paid. Do I claim careers for my wife first or after I pack up or is it more beneficial to keep working a certain amount of hours not the 55 hours a week I do know like to drop to 15 or less. Can someone help please

Adie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #217002 by Gordon
Adrian

The best I can suggest is that you put your information into one of the online benefit calculators

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

or get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.