× Members

ESA claim reinstated

More
5 years 7 months ago #218916 by mage
ESA claim reinstated was created by mage
Hi. I won an appeal to be put back in the ESA Support Group.They stopped my money because they turned up unannounced for a home visit and I was unable to answer the door because I was bedbound
My partner has been claiming for us both in the meantime, he is also in the support group
We telephoned DWP they said my claim was live and questioned why I wanted to be the main claimant again ?
My partner has an assessment coming up , but we want to keep me as the main claimant because I have been claiming long term and I'm hoping not to be harassed as much. Some hope !
They said they would send a form out for me to sign and agree for me to be the main claimant and claim for my partner for ESA .I'm hoping this won't be another ESA claim form .Is this the correct procedure ?
I thought my claim would be automatically reinstated once my appeal was won.
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218946 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim reinstated
sooootired

As you have found, only one person in a couple can receive an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR), the transfer to your partner was likely automatic but putting it back to you is likely a manual process.

I'm not sure what the form will be, it could be an ESA3 which asks about your financial information or it could be something else, it won't be a reassessment form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mage

More
5 years 7 months ago #218997 by mage
Replied by mage on topic ESA claim reinstated
That's a relief ! Thanks Gordon :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #219220 by mage
Hi, I'm a bit confused as to what to do next. I have filled in and posted my ESA 3 form by recorded delivery, but as I mentioned before my partner has an assessment coming up in a few days
We have sent a copy of my letter stating I had won my appeal to the Assessment centre but they haven't responded although we sent it by Recorded delivery .
Should we ignore his appointment and hope my claim will be up and running again soon ?

Also will I have to go through the whole assessment phase and be paid at the lower rate of ESA all over again ?

More
5 years 7 months ago #219222 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim reinstated
sooootired

You can't ignore the assessment if you do then his ESA claim will be closed!

No, you have been placed in the Support Group although you will be reassessed at some time.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mage

More
5 years 7 months ago #219298 by mage
Hi, apologies if I'm misunderstanding but my head feels like it's full of cotton wool.
Isn't it OK though if my partners claim is closed because my claim is live already and I have filled in the ESA3 form claiming for us both ?

Im finding this whole thing very confusing especially having neurological problems on top.
Thanks in advance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.