× Members

Clarification of pyment continuation

More
5 years 7 months ago #219054 by petrocelli
Clarification of pyment continuation was created by petrocelli
Hi all

Forgive me in advance Gordon if I'm guilty of any whoopsies here.

Because I've been reacquainting myself after a couple of years, could you please clarrify
something for me.

I'm sure I read somewhere in the current ESA(c) Claim info that payments now stop if
you ask for MR/go to appeal.

Therefore, may I please ask if, having gone the route of Invalidity Benefit migrated to
Incapacity Benefit migrated to ESA (c) only and in Support Group(after appeal),
my circumstances prevent me from fulfilling criteria for ESA(IR). Is there any stage of
the reassessment process where I might expect to NOT have payments continuing, if I have to go
to go for MR & or appeal in order to hopefully return to current award?

Gordon & Co Mods, goodness knows where lots of us would be without you & B&A.

Kind Regards
P:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219098 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Clarification of pyment continuation
petrocelli

If an award has been made then it will continue in payment during any MR. It is only where a Fit for Work Decision has been made that no ESA monies are payable.

If the MR does not revise a FfW Decision and you go onto appeal then you can claim the ESA Assessment rate while you wait for a hearing.

If you do not believe that you are eligible for any Income Related benefits then you will not be able to claim JSA or UC, depending on your postcode, as others can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #219159 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Clarification of pyment continuation
Heartfelt thanks Gordon and I'm with you up until the JSA.

What's the threshold on savings for JSA then please, as that's the area that prevents me claiming IR ESA.

Kind Regards

More
5 years 7 months ago #219162 by Gordon

petrocelli wrote: What's the threshold on savings for JSA then please, as that's the area that prevents me claiming IR ESA.

Kind Regards

It's the same as ESA

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #219415 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Clarification of pyment continuation
Thanks Gordon

Having site prob's clicking on your link, keeps telling me I need to be a paid up member...........even when I'm logged in!

More
5 years 7 months ago #219432 by Gordon

petrocelli wrote: Thanks Gordon

Having site prob's clicking on your link, keeps telling me I need to be a paid up member...........even when I'm logged in!

In order to qualify for Income Related ESA, your savings and assets must not exceed £16,000.

In addition, for every £250 in excess of £6000, there will be a £1 per week deduction from any benefit payable.

Example
You have £10,000 in savings and/or assets. The excess is £4000 (£10,000 - £6000). The deduction is £16 per week (£4000 / £250).

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: petrocelli

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.