× Members

already in ESA SG filled in another ES50

More
5 years 7 months ago #219393 by AJ27
Hi im wondering if someone could anwser my question i have been in ESA SG for just short of 2 years, i recieved another esa 50 which i filled out and sent back middle of september , i then recieved a letter this morning 13th october saying
"Your claim for esa, a change in esa rate payable , we have looked at your claim again following a recent change "
But the rate is exactly the same as it always was !!! and i cant see any change !! So im wondering does this mean they have reassesed my claim and decided to keep me in the support group ? and i dont need a medical im confused ?
Any help will be much appreciated guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219413 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic already in ESA SG filled in another ES50
AJ

Whilst it is likely that this is a Decision Letter, we have seen similar letters being sent out for ESA simply because the claimant has contacted the ESA Helpline.

So I would contact the DWP office dealing with your claim for confirmation of the Decision, at the same time request a copy of the assessment report, it's called an ESA85A if you did not have a face to face, this will show which Descriptors were recommended. You can also ask for your reassessment date which will be held on the computer system for ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #219435 by AJ27
Replied by AJ27 on topic already in ESA SG filled in another ES50
Hi gordon thanks for your reply. I took your advice and called up dwp regarding the letter. They have told me it is not a decision letter, but just a random letter, she was not very clear why the letter had been sent out and i dont think she knew herself to be honest. i asked for an update and she told me they sent a letter to my doctor on 2nd october and waiting for a reply so i reckon it will still be a long wait before i hear anything else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.