× Members

Permitted work in ESA support group

More
5 years 7 months ago #219450 by Helen_Jones
Permitted work in ESA support group was created by Helen_Jones
I recently won my tribunal and was put back into the support group due to exceptional circumstances. However because I am living with my partner who works I don't receive any money, just have my NI contributions paid.

We are desperate for money but I just can't face going through another assessment if I try to claim PIP.

This leads me to permitted work. Work from home jobs are rare and pay very little but this is what I need as going out to work would be impossible for me (mental health).

I was thinking of signing up for Avon and trying to work just an hour or so a week. My partner would put the catalogues through our neighbours doors and he would also help me with making the actual orders. My Sister would help me do deliveries on good days and on bad days she'd do them for me. My plan is to be able to do this by myself in 2 years when I'm up for assessment again.

I doubt I'd earn much but it might keep my head above water financially. When I mentioned it to a lady at the CAB she sounded very reluctant and said they'd probably reassess me or stop my contribution payments.

Could someone please help me with this? I have to find some source of income but if the DWP stop my benefits I won't get a pension and I have no idea what to do or if it's a good idea. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted work in ESA support group
H

If you were receiving payment of your ESA then I would probably echo the comments from the lady at the CAB but you are not, however, you are receiving NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension and you could be risking these if you do PW, so is that going to be an issue for you?

Your current award is based on the accepted fact that working and more importantly doing what is called Work Related Activity (WRA) would be a danger to your health, although I can see how you are looking to manage the Avon job, the things you still intend to do yourself would come under the heading of WRA and could easily be seen as being at odds with your award.

There is a guide to PW in the ESA section.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.