× Members

PIP over 65

More
5 years 7 months ago #219459 by Starlet97
PIP over 65 was created by Starlet97
Hi there, could somebody put me straight please. I was awarded 10 points on the mobility component of PIP with standard care on the other component, with a review in 2 yrs. I have heard today that the awards (particularly concerned with the mobility) cannot be increased after 65, is that correct please? I have several conditions which affect my mobility on a fluctuating basis none of which are likely to improve, including arthritis and fibromyalgia and Sjogrens syndrome a connective tissue disorder among several other medical conditions. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219468 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP over 65
Starlet

It is actually now 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is the higher, after this age your PIP Mobility award cannot be increased even if you meet the criteria for a higher award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: snups, Starlet97

More
5 years 7 months ago #219494 by Starlet97
Replied by Starlet97 on topic PIP over 65
Thank you for your reply. I regret that I have found out outside the time limit for MR or appeal.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219509 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP over 65

Starlet97 wrote: Thank you for your reply. I regret that I have found out outside the time limit for MR or appeal.

In case you are not aware you can make a late request for an MR up to 13 months after the date of the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elmars

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.