× Members

Universa Credit

More
5 years 7 months ago #219493 by Starlet97
Universa Credit was created by Starlet97
I am claiming contribution based ESA and have been awarded PIP. I claimed housing benefit and council tax benefit and was advised by my local council to claim UC. Can anyone please advise me how it would apply to me if I don't claim income related benefits? I have tried and tried to get through to the helpline without success over a couple of weeks holding on about 20 mins each time. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universa Credit
Starlet

Your PIP award will not be affected by or affect a UC claim, at least at the moment, depending on the award it may increase the amount of UC you are entitled to but this is dependant on changes that are being looked at by the DWP.

Your ESA(CB) will be migrated into UC as well, meaning that you will not be asked to work or to seek work, however, this is a manual process and can take several weeks to be done. Make sure that you tell the UC department that you have an award of ESA as they have no access to this system.

Your ESA(CB) will be treated as income and deducted from your UC, so they will calculate a UC amount based on your ESA award, HB and Tax Credits and then the ESA(CB) will be deducted from this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.