× Members

possible PIP re assesment early next year...

More
5 years 5 months ago #221232 by Gordon
BODGE

1, Make the request on the phone but if you receive an appointment for a face to face, phone the Assessment Provider to make sure that a male assessor has been allocated if one isn't then ask for one as a "reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act". Also, make sure that the AP accepts responsibility for the change so that it does not count against your two opportunities to attend. I would also contact the DWP so that they know are aware of what has happened.

2, I doubt it, the general rule is that if you want the assessor or DM to look at something then you need to include, but make sure you explain why it is there and what it means.

3. You can but I would not expect it to be considered, especially any review for DLA, this would be an assessment of how they are at the time that they are assessed.

4. I would turn it around and ask the GP what is the best way for you to bring them up to speed on his problems, that way you are more likely to avoid them saying "my patient tells me...", which can undermine anything that they write.

5. No, contacting the ESA Helpline will not trigger a reassessment.

ESA helpline
Telephone: 0800 169 0310
Textphone: 0800 169 0314
Welsh language: 0800 328 1744
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221361 by CLINTIAN
Replied by CLINTIAN on topic possible PIP re assesment early next year...
Thank you Gordon, Very last question, Would a complaint still be possible about the face to face assessor 1 year on ? if so do you have a link,
Thank you.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221380 by Gordon

BODGE1 wrote: Thank you Gordon, Very last question, Would a complaint still be possible about the face to face assessor 1 year on ? if so do you have a link,
Thank you.

There is no limitation on the time that you can make a complaint but I think you are now far too late to have any reasonable prospect of a satisfactory result, it's perfectly possible that the assessor does not even work there now and even if they have not, no one is going to remember what happened in the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.