× Members

Universal credit trigger?

More
5 years 7 months ago #220348 by dyanb
Universal credit trigger? was created by dyanb
Hi, Could do with so.e quick advice as my son may have to lose a supported living provision we have been waiting for for years.
At the moment he claims ESA Support group and associated Disability premiums including SDP. I suspect if he makes a new claim for housing benefit it will trigger a new universal credit claim and he will not get transitional protection payments to replace the lost income if he has to apply now. There for he will lose a lot of money, Not to mention the fact he runs the risk (in the present climate) of losing benefits and having to jump through hoops to get UC. He also is claiming enhanced PIP care and mobility. Can someone please advise me as I don't want him to lose a lot of money but I don't want him to lose the change of his supported living either. Is there anyway of staying on the benefits he is on now until managed transition and make a new claim for housing benefit?

Also is there any other way to claim UC other than online for people who don't use computers or internet?

Best wishes
Diane Burrell (member)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal credit trigger?
Dyan

If he makes a new claim for HB in a UC Full Service area then this can only be done as a UC claim and as a result, his ESA will be migrated across.

As of today, there is no Transitional Protection for what are called Natural migrations so he will lose any Premiums he currently receives as part of his ESA, however, the Government is planning to amend the UC legislation to overcome this problem but it looks like it will be a couple of months before this happens, they have said that any missed SD Premiums will be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.