× Members

reaching 65

More
5 years 6 months ago #220400 by benefits61
reaching 65 was created by benefits61
What happens to awarded pip when you reach 65? I get lower rate mobility and help at the moment having been awarded 10 points last review and awarded until 2020. I was 65 in June this year

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220420 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reaching 65
Annken

If you have an award at 65 then it will continue in payment as long as you meet the criteria, the only restriction is that any Mobility award cannot be increased after this age, even if the claimant meets the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #220441 by benefits61
Replied by benefits61 on topic reaching 65
thank you that explains why they reduced it two years ago. how nieve we are.Regards Annken

More
5 years 6 months ago #220755 by JANEVANS02
Replied by JANEVANS02 on topic reaching 65
I was on higher rate mobility for over 20 years and getting a Motability car unfortunately when they transferred me to PIP in December 2016 they reduced my mobility component to lower rate and I lost my mobility car but was hoping when I had a review I might get higher rate as my condition is degenerative however on reading your comments I now see why they reduced my award as I was 65 this year and my review is due next year it's all a game to them.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.