× Members

esa from april 2013 to now

More
5 years 6 months ago #220402 by jan1
esa from april 2013 to now was created by jan1
hi everyone, my husband has been on esa due to disabilities for several years but has today been sent a letter. it states he is getting contribution esa but says they need to look at his claim to decide if he may also be eligible for income-related esa from 10th april 2013 to now and has been sent a form (esa 3, ) to fill in. could anyone help with what they are expecting us to do, is it something to worry about. thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220424 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa from april 2013 to now
Jan

This is about an underpayment of ESA for claimants transferred from Incapacity Benefit to ESA, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3821-huge...00-esa-back-payments

The DWP will ask you to provide information about your financial status, basically income and savings and if you work what hours you do and what you receive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #220455 by j112009
Replied by j112009 on topic esa from april 2013 to now
Hello,
I recieved one of these forms 2 weeks ago and am concerned that it may trigger a reassessment.
I am not coping well at all atm and can't face dealing with it. The form took 6 days to arrive from them and says it can take 7 days to reach them if you send it back which has to be within one month of the date of the form 14th oct.
I know that untill sept 16 I definately would not qualify re saavings but am below limit now. I get an ill health occupational pension and cannot see how I would be entiitled to IR esa and can't find half my paperwork. Could you point me to a place where I could calculate whether I would qualify? I am thinking of just sending the reply slip back and saying I'm over the limit as I just cannot cope with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220472 by Gordon
J

This is a financial assessment to see whether you are entitled to Income Related, it is not a reassessment of your award.

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009

More
5 years 6 months ago #220485 by j112009
Replied by j112009 on topic esa from april 2013 to now
Thanks Gordon. I need to know hw much weekly income you are allowed to have before you are unable to recieve ir esa. I obviously don't go to work am in the support group and have no partner. can't find out wgere to look re other money coming in weekly. I don't think i'd qualify based on the occ pension. Also the letter says tell us from the date you moved over up untill now. Does this mean that if Iknow that i wouldn't have qualified on my chnge over date that i should just send the reply slip back and tell them the reason why i don't ant them to look again at my claim? As you have to give a reason back then i was over savings limit. Thanks.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220490 by Gordon
J

If you are receiving a pension then it will be deducted £ for £ from any ESA(IR) that might be payable, the two Premiums that might be payable are about £16 per week and £64 per week.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.