× Members

DLA

More
5 years 6 months ago #220634 by Alybongo65
DLA was created by Alybongo65
Hi I’m new

Just write a whole page and everything disappeared

I have been on ESA support group for just over 3 years ...I have just applied and won pip

I have a few Q but I will only ask one on this if that’s ok as I get rather overwhelmed and have sever
dyslexia

My Q is should I have been getting DLA I have never been advised otherwise and have been struggling with money on £125 a week for bills mortgage food etc , my son has just finished university and worked part time in Asda and had to give me all but a bit for himself his wages or I would have not afforded the bills I’ve had to borrow money off my mum who is OAP ... can anyone advise please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #220679 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA
Alybongo

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can't claim DLA any more but you may be eligible for PIP, it's replacement. Have a look at our PIP Claim guide on the following link for the criteria that you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220812 by gilders
Replied by gilders on topic DLA
Hi,
The criteria for PIP and DLA are different, so there's no guarantee that you would have been entitled to DLA previously.

Although there's no guarantee, there's a good chance you would have qualified for some help under DLA. BUT it really doesn't matter as you would not be able to claim any benefit that you "missed out on", even if it was due to you not being aware that the benefit existed. Likewise, even the PIP that you qualified for won't be backdated to a time before you first applied for it, even if you have proof that your symptoms started a long time before you first applied.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.