× Members

Misled by assessor

More
5 years 6 months ago #220638 by Jill Barber
Misled by assessor was created by Jill Barber
At my assessment I was saying that my mobility varies from day to day. The assessor stated that I was able to walk from the reception to the assessment room, yes I agreed, it was a good day today, then she said 30 metres, I was taken aback, was t really that far and it turns out the distance was around 10 metres. The 30 metres she put in the report as been interpreted as 50 metres and I've been awarded standard mobility after having the higher rate of DLA for life, I feel I was hoodwinked by the assessor. Are there any other instances of this type of leading behaviour?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220682 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Misled by assessor
Billy

The PIP test is stricter so the equivalent of a DLA HRM award is a PIP Standard award.

What was the distance that you stated on the claim form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #221048 by Jill Barber
Replied by Jill Barber on topic Misled by assessor
I put in 20m as suggested in the very useful PIP guide that you did. I explained that the distance varied day to day, under 20 metres one day and around 50 on the good day. Having told my GP this week she says that she has heard this many times before from patients; that the accessor puts words in the mouth of claimants. I've applied for reassessment so I'll draft a letter to accompany my application without being too critical.

More
5 years 6 months ago #221076 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Misled by assessor
Billy

Did you qualify the number of good days that you have?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #221535 by Jill Barber
Replied by Jill Barber on topic Misled by assessor
Yes, I mentioned that one day was good but it impacted on the next day. I saw my GP today and she's going to tell her patients about this site. I've drafted the letter and I'll send it with the GPs report. I'm glad I took notes after the assessment as they're helping. I really wish I'd taken a friend with me to the assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.