× Members

DLA to PIP

More
5 years 6 months ago #220639 by Poppy
DLA to PIP was created by Poppy

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220683 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Poppy

Be aware that his PIP claim does not start until the DWP have received the PIP1 back, so you need to keep an eye on the timescales to make sure that your partners DLA is not suspended or even closed.

You can request copies of the information from his previous DLA claims, if it has been more than a couple of years since they were last assessed then you will need to make a Subject Access Request as it is likely that the information will be in offline storage, it's also possible that it has now been destroyed.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

You can also use the ESA85a from their last ESA assessment, this should be requestable by contacting the DWP office dealing with their claim.

In both cases, you need to explain the relevance of the information to the PIP criteria and also why it is still reflective of their conditions and limitations as they are now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

More
5 years 6 months ago #220767 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Gordon, can you help me to understand the question with regards to Going out please ?
I have read it a million and 1 times, and i still don't know which applies to my partners case

So he has Agoraphobia, , and going out even with my help from me to somewhere familiar, is basically impossible. Due to severe anxiety etc. as i said previously he hasn't been out for 18 months now, and the last place he went to the hospital dentist which was a familiar place as he has been there before, was incredibly distressing for him.
He is unable to visit his mother in the next village to us which is familiar to him, as he could not cope even with me, so has not seen her for 3 years or been able to speak on the phone due to his severe anxiety because of this

So my question is should we be ticking box

Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant or

Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid

Thank you so much for your help with this !

More
5 years 6 months ago #220783 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Poppy

It would be Cannot Undertake a Journey, to be considered for Following a Journey, you have to be able to leave the house.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.