× Members

worried - ESA-UC query

More
5 years 6 months ago #220687 by BS65
worried - ESA-UC query was created by BS65
I'm worried and hope you can help with each of these 4 questions?

Budget/Govt said they will migrate ESA to UC "slowly" but not until after April 2019-2023, and that they'd announce something further about managed migrations "later this year". But, this weekend I read a brief article with no further details in my local paper that UC is to be fully rolled out in my area in April.
-I am left feeling confused. Does this mean I will now be migrated in April? Or at some point "slowly" from April to 2023?

Currently on support group contributionary ESA. When UC comes to my area (see above query), does this mean that my managed migration would be straightforward onto UC equivalent of contrib.ESA support group? Or would I have to apply for UC from scratch with the risk of ending up with less money?

If UC doesn't come to my area yet but my contrib ESA gets to a point that it would be income related ESA, is it a straightforward transfer between the 2 ESA's or would I have to apply for ESA as a fresh claim with the risk of ending up with less money?

When UC does come to my area, and after that point my contrib ESA gets to a point that it would be income related UC, am I going to be transferred across as a managed migration, or would I have to apply for UC from scratch with the risk of ending up with less money (which would be unfair)?

many thanks for your valuable advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220711 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic worried - ESA-UC query
Bert

- UC going live in your area and your being migrated to it are separate things, so you don't need to worry until at least the middle of next year and may not even then.

- We don't know how ESA claimants will be migrated to UC yet, but either your existing award will be migrated or they will migrate you at the same time as one of your scheduled reassessments. As soon as the situation is clear we will be publishing the information.

- It would be a change to your existing ESA claim, so not a new one, nor will it necessitate a move to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BS65

More
5 years 6 months ago #220727 by BS65
Replied by BS65 on topic worried - ESA-UC query
thanks so much, I can breathe again now!

Its just there's all these horror ESA stories out there that seem to suggest if there is any change of circs whatsoever then apparently you'd need to apply for UC from scratch and you'd get a lower rate of money, and it's really, really scary for the disabled.

As a long term member of B&W, I will keep an eye on your updates as always. Thanks so much once again for being here during an unsettling time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.