× Members

contriburoy ESA & company pension

More
5 years 6 months ago #220743 by Peter
contriburoy ESA & company pension was created by Peter
I am in receipt of PIP lower rates for both elements I am aged 60...will never be able to work again. Can I claim ESA....I get a employers pension of £1240 pcm take home ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220748 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic contriburoy ESA & company pension

Peter wrote: I am in receipt of PIP lower rates for both elements I am aged 60...will never be able to work again. Can I claim ESA....I get a employers pension of £1240 pcm take home ?

When did you last work?

To claim Contribution Based ESA you will need to have worked in the Tax years 2015-16 and 2016-17. Even if you have you will only receive an ESA payment if you are placed in the Support Group as your pension will reduce your ESA(CB) significantly.

If you have not worked then you can only claim Income Related ESA but your pension would prevent any payment of ESA(IR).

If you are looking to receive NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension then claim ESA(CB) but you will still need to receive an award. see our ESA Claim guides for the criteria you would need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.