× Members

Universal Credit

More
5 years 6 months ago #220776 by empress48
Universal Credit was created by empress48
Because my partner lost his ESA they told him on the phone that he has to apply online for Universal Credit. He made an account and stated that we live together and then it asked for a code. Does that mean I have to make an account too?
And would you recommend to seek help from Citizen's Advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #220793 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit
Empress

If he has made a claim for UC then it is too late for the CAB to give you advice.

UC is always a claim made by both people in the couple, I'm not sure whether you both need an account or not but you both will be expected to seek work.

Your husband needs to present a new Fit Note and ask to be assessed for Limited Capability for Work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #220795 by empress48
Replied by empress48 on topic Universal Credit
No, he hasn't made a UC claim yet. All he did was make an account.

I just found that Citizens advice recommends waiting until the appeal has gone through.
And to get in touch with them before doing anything regarding UC

More
5 years 6 months ago #220798 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit

empress48 wrote: No, he hasn't made a UC claim yet. All he did was make an account.

I just found that Citizens advice recommends waiting until the appeal has gone through.
And to get in touch with them before doing anything regarding UC

I think if he has made an account then he has made a claim but I could be wrong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.