× Members

PIP Reassessment Currently ongoing

More
5 years 5 months ago #221266 by MicheleB9
PIP Reassessment Currently ongoing was created by MicheleB9
Hello,
apologies if I get any protocol wrong this is my first go at using this forum.

I filled in the PIP Review Award form for my husband a couple of months ago and now I have my son's to do.

My son was given an extension and the clock is ticking.

Both have their PIP until 2019 - both have degenerative physical genetic disorders, both are autistic (undiagnosed) and have had various supports over the years from professionals who agree they are ASD even if they don't have official diagnoses.

I used your help guides to fill their original claims in and I felt I was on solid ground because I knew what I was dealing with.

But I have had no feedback regarding my husband's review and I am beyond anxious about my son's forms now.

Between the original successful claims and now there have been no real changes to the way their conditions affect them and my son in particular has no new medical evidence. But his life has changed drastically - he lives hundreds of miles away from us now and we support him from afar and he dropped out of uni and is trying to start his own business so he doesn't have the raft of support staff he used to have - although even with their help he was unable to cope with the demands of the degree he was on - mainly because their support consisted of trying to 'make' him not be autistic and trying to 'make' him comply instead of altering things where they could to make the course accessible for him. In the end they caused him to have a full on mental breakdown so he left. But In the process of moving away and changing GPs he has no paperwork associated with that period.

I'm not sure how to incorporate this information because all the questions ask about how his situation specifically to tasks has changed and strictly speaking the answer is that he is still exactly the same with all the same challenges just he isn't a student any more and so he doesn't have people scrutinising him - which is an improvement for his mental health but not much help for evidence gathering.

I've asked him to ask the friends he has who help him every day to write short notes and sign them to explain how much support he needs day to day - which is a lot - but it is like herding cats and he is so far away.

Are you going to have a guide for how best to fill in the review form please?
It would have made a world of difference if I had been able to reference something like that. I feel like I am wandering in a mist with a blindfold on here :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221296 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Reassessment Currently ongoing
Michele

Our PIP Claim guide covers the AR1 Review form and some of the issues that it raises.

Your post suggests that your son's situation has actually changed quite significantly if he is now living alone so how does this affect his limitations with completing the PIP activities? As an example; if he previously received prompting to carry out the activities, how does he manage now with no one to do this?

The criteria is still the same and issues such as completing the activities reliably and on the majority of days still apply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MicheleB9

More
5 years 5 months ago #221351 by MicheleB9
Replied by MicheleB9 on topic PIP Reassessment Currently ongoing
He was living alone when he claimed originally just in a town 50 miles away instead of hundreds of miles away.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221353 by MicheleB9
Replied by MicheleB9 on topic PIP Reassessment Currently ongoing
I've found the advice for the PIP review form now. Tank you. I wish I'd found it earlier. But better late than never. I don't know if my son took note of the name of the person who gave him the extension :(

More
5 years 5 months ago #221377 by Gordon

Michele wrote: He was living alone when he claimed originally just in a town 50 miles away instead of hundreds of miles away.

Thank you, that won't be a problem then.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221378 by Gordon

Michele wrote: I don't know if my son took note of the name of the person who gave him the extension :(

Unless you are your son's appointee then you are going to be restricted in what you can do with the DWP, can he confirm that an extension has been authorised.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.