× Members

Just got my good/bad medical report.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221697 by Paul58
Just got my good/bad medical report. was created by Paul58
Hi.
My scores from the HP are 13 daily living, 20 mobility.
This was a home F2F.
I'm cautiously pleased, obviously, but I know it can change when DWP write to me.
I know the HP read all my additional information I sent with the PIP form - 18 pages! - because the HP referred to them from memory.
However, the daily living scores do not take into account what I wrote, only what I said on the day?
In at least 3 sections I expected 8 or 10 points but only got 2 in each.
I had to take Diazepam for my anxiety/panic attacks before the HP came, which was noted on my report.
This 'spaced' me out a bit, so couldn't recall all the details I'd sent in additional information, which seems to have gone against me.
I know I should be pleased, but if the DWP reduce my points does the information I sent in count towards an appeal?
I followed your guides fully, which was a big help, and I couldn't have done it without them.
Problem was, I remembered the 'but' response, but couldn't fully figure out what I'd wrote to them.
Thank you.
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just got my good/bad medical report.
Paul

Whilst the DM will undoubtedly prioritise the assessment report they are required to read your form and anything attached to it in making their Decision, so this would all be information that would be included in an appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul58

More
5 years 5 months ago #221706 by Paul58
Replied by Paul58 on topic Just got my good/bad medical report.
Thank you, Gordon, for soothing my troubled brow once again.
Kind regards,
Paul.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223891 by Paul58
Hi to all.
Got my decision today, after 8 weeks, which gave me exactly the same points as the HP report.
So, enhanced rates for both parts, plus ongoing until a 2029 review!

I'm one of the many who couldn't have done it without the help from this forum and the PIP guides.
Thank you all!

I can share a little of what the home visit was like.
I was grilled for 2 and a half hours!
I was told it was because I had so many conditions.
As I said previously, the HP had read all my submissions but seemed to discount them in the report. Only what happened and was said during my home visit was taken into account.
For example, amongst other problems I have Anxiety and OCD. I told the HP I had taken 10mg of Diazepam to be able to meet them. Their report said I showed no signs of either problem, whilst noting I'd taken medication to combat them. Consequently I was given 2 points where I would have expected at least 10. The 5 psychiatrist reports I sent in were seemingly ignored.
So, as far as my case is concerned, I would advise you to include everything in your PIP submissions, but be aware that on the day it is down to you to convince the HP how ill you are. Your submissions will come in later if you need to appeal.
The HP went through the PIP form in order. I wish I had made notes to refer to, instead of relying on memory, which failed me mostly.

Although I'm over the moon with my award, I would give it up tomorrow if I could have my past, present and future health back, which I'm sure most people would.

Thank you all once again, and I wish everyone nothing but good luck!

Sincerely,

Paul

More
5 years 4 months ago #223903 by Gordon
Paul

Congratulations on the award, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.