× Members

AM ON ESA IF I FAIL PIP WILL IT AFFECT ESA?

More
5 years 5 months ago #221700 by Bunny1
Hi there - am on ESA SUPPORT GROUP- have never applied for pip as im too terrified. i got told my esa review has been given 'dispensation' for 2 years now review due may 2020. i last completed review form 2014. NOW HAD APPOINTMENT WITH MENTAL HEALTH C.A.B. to ENQUIRE bout if id qulaify for pip as i am struggling financially - for DEPRESSION EXHUASTION PTSD - cant cook meals on cooker only go out 1 or 2 days a week dont bath 5 days week etc - she said she could def get me pip- & rang dwp straight away ! got form muchharder than she said. .MY QUESTIONS _A_IF I FAIL PIP ASESSMENT- WILL/COULD IT AFFECT MY CURRANT ESA SUPPORT GROUP STANDING /COULD THEY BRING MY MAY 2020 REVIIEW FORWARD OR COULD I LOOSE IT ALTOGETHER? B-C.A.B LADY TOLD ME THEYD SEND FORM FOR ME TO GIVE TO GP TO FILL OUT BUT THERE IS NO FORM IN PACK. it says not to contct gp. i have old support letter. I AM FINDING WRITING NOTES TO FILL OUT QUESTIONS EXHUSTING AND MAKING ME ILL- IF I HAVE TO HAVE FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT I HAVE NOONE TO GO WITH/NO SUPPORT. MAIN QUESTION- UNDER NO CIRCUNSTNCES DO I WANT TO ENDANGER MY ESA WHICH IS SAFE TILL MAY 2020. I DONT KNOW IF APPLYIING FOR PIP IS WORTH THE STRESS AND RISK. CAN YOU ADVISE ON IF I FAIL PIP WILL IT AFFECT MT ESA IN ANAY WAY. PLUS when i filled out my last ESA FORM IN 2014 I WAS VOLUNTEERING 1 afternnon a week for the police- my health has deteriorated considerably so i stopped volunteerig and going out as much. WILL THE PIP PEOPLE LOOK AT MY LAST ESA REVIEW FORM AND SUPPORTING EVEDENCE AS PART OF MY PIP ASSESSMENT ? AS MY HEALTH IS A LOT WORSE NOW. as my health is mainly meantal health but it TOTALLY AFFECTS MY DAILY LIFE COZ OF EXHUSTION /UNEABLE TO COOK BATH ETC it seems very HARD TO PROOVE. I AM IN SUCH A STATE IM THINKING OF CANCELLING THE PIP APP. I HAVNT SENT FORM OR HAD 2ND APPOINTMENT WITHCAB YET SHE HASNT RETRUNED MY CALL AND I HAVE NOT BEEN REFERED BACK TO MENTAL HEALTHTEAM AS PAROMISED BY HER. AM V WORRIED.. ANY ADVICE APPRECAITED. THANKYOU. ( sorry so long)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221707 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic AM ON ESA IF I FAIL PIP WILL IT AFFECT ESA?
Rosina

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Please don't post in capitals it really doesn't make it any easier to read your post and it causes problems for members who use screen readers.

We haven't seen anybody lose their ESA because of a failed ESA claim, the criteria is too different for there to be any real impact.

I would not expect them to look at your ESA information when making a claim for PIP, a DM might but the assessor will not have any access.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for help with completing the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.