× Members

Have I written too much on my PIP form?

More
5 years 5 months ago #221833 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic Have I written too much on my PIP form?
we thought that providing as much information as we could throw at them would be the best solution, how wrong we were! (we were told as much here!) from full mobility to nothing! The AR1 asks for evidence from only the last 2 years but if your suffering from a medically comfirmed life long condition with no chance of change and not had any hospitial visits (why would they!) then your left with a piece of paper which you feel amounts to basically nothing so we just gave everything we had for the past 10 years!

Interestingly, the previous AR1 awarded us from just basic daily living to FULL mobility without sending one piece of evidence by using evidence from past AR1's !!

To us, and im sure others here may agree? that the system they use is 'inconsistant' given that the information they rely on to decide your award is 'static,' therefore any change is contradictory if that is against you.
Im talking from past experience and winning 3 tribunial appeals and getting ready for a 4th altthough we hope we dont have to go through this again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJ75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221835 by Helen-Louise
Replied by Helen-Louise on topic Have I written too much on my PIP form?
I agree with phrank. I feel that half of what I wrote didn't get read. The assessor had half an hour to read over my paperwork before meeting me, and I know for a fact that most of my medical evidence hasn't been considered because the Mandatory Reconsideration notice I received is STILL emphasising the face-to-face meeting above and beyond it.

If you are able to see someone like the Citizens Advice Bureau to go over your form, I would highly recommend it. I had no problems with DLA because there was a member of staff at my university who could help with the form. However, his job description has been changed so he isn't allowed to do that any more, and I have been struggling horribly with PIP.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221926 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Have I written too much on my PIP form?
I think it comes down to how you collate that amount of words. When I did my husband's form two years ago I did 72 pages! Sounds awful, but I had a lot of evidence and I did not want to leave any doubts as to the seriousness of his condition. However, I created a clear index, I did short paragraphs and used all the headings given, I used bullets where necessary and most importantly I quoted from the expert's letters throughout my evidence. I had cause to speak to the assessor who did a paper-based report and she told me unprompted that she had read through 72 pages of evidence and I had made it easy for her.

Two years later for myself, I only did 30 pages of evidence - but to be honest, I was worried as I was weary and I felt in some areas I had not said enough. When I had my home assessment assessor said I had made it easy for her by the way I had set it out.

We both got top rates ongoing awards and I believe we were lucky in our assessors but also the way I put the evidence together. Cut it down if you want, but don't cut out vital information.

Best of luck

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.