× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

• Layla Le Marechal
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #221822 by Layla Le Marechal
Mandatory Reconsideration was created by Layla Le Marechal
My 21yr old son moved from DLA to PIP, And we went to see atos who have him 0 points my son has autism, I asked for a M.R and sent in my appeal with A doctor's note signed for special delivering 27th sept ,It took 2 weeks for the DWP to call on the 15th Oct to say nothing had been received, Told them delivery number and today 22/11/18,Recieved another call to say letter is still unfound and I have to start again both times the MR has made the call and been antagonistic how can I change who looks at the appeal and is all this normal i really need help please my son vomits blood from anxiety im so stressed that i have to redo another M.R ,Can anyone help us

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221824 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
L

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Realistically, you have no control over who looks at your MR request.

Your MR needs to go back to basics and show that your son meets the PIP criteria for an award, don't bother looking back at his DLA award the PIP Descriptor are too different.

Remember that the PIP activities need to be completed "reliably" and "on the majority of days", these terms are explained in our PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Do you have a copy of the assessment report? If not then contact the DWP office dealing with his claim.

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Layla Le Marechal
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #221887 by Layla Le Marechal
Replied by Layla Le Marechal on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi at the assessment I answered all the questions for my son this was noted in every part but still he was awarded zero points and at the end the assessor actually put with time and education he should improve this seems to be a personal opinion which has swayed the PIP team and when I spoke with the MR assigned to his case she agreed with the assessor which does not bode well for our appeal she also gave me 2 weeks to get my appeal in even though it has taken them5 weeks to let me know it was missing how is it that autism seems to get so many zero points claims than any other how can I improve our appeal as it looks like the MR is determined to fail us what does a doctor need to write other than my son has autism

More
5 years 5 months ago #221889 by Gordon
L

What problems does your son have with the PIP activities?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Layla Le Marechal

• Layla Le Marechal
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #221896 by Layla Le Marechal
Replied by Layla Le Marechal on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
He cannot cook anything he is a danger to himself forgets he has rings on is to frightened to be in kitchen by himself, He has no social cues so gets into fights as no idea when he is being annoying, has suicidal tendencies, Cannot travel on his own ,Cannot cope with change,won't wash or dress unless I get out clothes and stand in bathroom,I have to take him to all appointments am his appointee with the bank and the Dwp ,job centre and doctors,Won't eat unless it's the same foods at the same time,Doesn't leave his room suffers from terrible anxiety his diagnosis is autism with adhd co morbid defiancy deficiency all points i put on pip form

More
5 years 5 months ago #221897 by Gordon
L

Many of these issues are also things that DLA might consider, is there any chance that you have described his problems in DLA terms and not in regard to the PIP Descriptors?

What evidence were you able to supply?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.